Org. Todt Cuff Title. This one measures 16 1/2 inches – 42 cm.
The OT or Organization Todt, was formed in July 1933 under the command of Dr. Fritz Todt, an NSDAP member since 1923 and a construction engineer, who had just recently been appointed as General Inspector of Roads. In June 1938 the OT was charged with construction of the fortifications on the West Wall and in March 1940 Dr. Todt was also appointed as Minister of Munitions & Armament. In August 1941 Dr. Todt was also named the Minister for Water and Energy. Beginning in early 1942 the OT was also responsible for constructing the submarine pens on the northern coast of France. While the OT was a quasi-political organization when it was engaged in construction projects for the armed forces it nominally came under military control. The OT personnel consisted mostly of trained civil engineers and laborers. Uniforms for OT personnel were introduced shortly after the outbreak of the war and were basically the same uniform as worn by RAD Reichs Arbeits Dienst, (National Labor Service), personnel with small modifications. LH5174