Das Schwarze Korps SS Newspaper July 14 1938. 16 pages, good pictures and graphics.
Das Schwarze Korps SS Newspaper was introduced on March 6th 1935 and was the official weekly newspaper of the SS published by the Reichsführung-SS, (High Command of the SS), under direction SS-Obergruppenführer Max Amann and editor SS-Standartenführer Gunter d’Alquen. The paper was printed by the NSDAP’s, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (National Socialist German Worker’s Party) own, “Verlag Franz Eher Nachfolger”, publishing house in Munich with the editorial office in Berlin and continued in circulation until almost the end of the war as the only uncensored newspaper in Germany. In 1940 the Waffen-SS fielded a SS-Kriegsberichter Kompanie, (War Correspondents Company), to record the exploits of the Waffen-SS in the field. In 1941 the war correspondents company was expanded to battalion strength and further expansion in 1943 increased the war correspondents battalion to regimental strength. The reports and photographs of the Waffen-SS war correspondents were prominently featured in Das Schwarze Korps. LH11314