Polish P Forced Worker Patch. This one was cut from a strip of 5 and never issued.
The “P” symbol or “P” badge was introduced on 8 March 1940 by the German General Government of Poland with relation to the requirement that Polish workers (Zivilarbeiter) used during World War II as forced laborers in Germany (following the German invasion and occupation of Poland in 1939) display a visible symbol marking their ethnic origin. The symbol was introduced with the intent to be used as a cloth patch, which indeed was the most common form, but also reproduced on documents (through stamps) and posters. The badge was intended to be humiliating, and like the similar Jewish symbol, can be seen as a badge of shame. LH11422